Animal Presentations Manager
- WWT Slimbridge and Headquarters
- £23,950 - £25,210 per annum
- Position type
- Full Time
- Working pattern
- 37.5 hours per week to be worked on a rota basis to include weekends and bank holidays
- Job advert
Slimbridge Wetland Centre is working with the Heritage Lottery Fund on a major development project, which will change how we inspire our visitors. As part of the development we are creating a Living Wetland Theatre to engage audiences in free flying bird demonstrations. We are looking for an enthusiastic, experienced bird trainer and presenter with the necessary managerial skills to lead and mentor a team of presenters, animal keepers and volunteers.
The successful candidate will have a rare opportunity to help create the theatre exhibit and the customer experience and will work closely with the aviculture team to deliver a successful programme of events.
This is a fixed term contract for 12 months with the potential for permanent placement upon successful funding of the Slimbridge 2020 project.
In return for your hard work and dedication you’ll enjoy a wide range of benefits including:
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays increasing to 30 days after 5 years’ service
- Contributory pension scheme (conditions apply)
- Life assurance
- Free parking
- Child care voucher scheme
- Free entry to all our centres
Interview Date: 19th April 2017
- Job description
- Closing Date