Wetland Centre Manager - Castle Espie
- WWT Castle Espie (Northern Ireland)
- Administration, Operations
- Salary of circa £39,000 per annum
- Position type
- Full Time
- Working pattern
- 37.5 hours a week, 5 days out of 7 including regular weekends and bank holidays.
- Job advert
Are you a natural leader with a passion for conservation? Do you have what it takes to oversee 60 adventure-filled acres of wetland brimming with a wealth of wildlife? If so, you may be the Wetland Centre Manager we’re looking for.
The Wildfowl & Wetlands Trust (WWT) is the nation’s leading wetland conservation charity. We are pioneers in protecting wetlands for wildlife and people, both in the UK and around the world.
Almost all life depends on wetlands for water, food, or habitat. Yet a third of all wetlands have been destroyed. We are pioneers in saving threatened wetland wildlife, a centre for excellence in conservation science and experts in wetland management and creation.
Our Castle Espie Wetland Centre is an amazing attraction offering visitors the chance to discover – and get close to – Ireland’s largest collection of native and exotic waterbirds, bats and migrant birds.
We’re now looking for a Wetland Centre Manager to join the Castle Espie team and drive our attraction to new heights of success.
- Salary of circa £39,000 per annum
- Contributory pension scheme (conditions apply)
- Life assurance
- Free parking
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free entry to all our centres
- 25 days’ annual leave plus Bank Holidays (increasing to 30 days after 5 years’ service)
This is an amazing opportunity to oversee an attraction that delivers unforgettable experiences and lets visitors get nose-to-beak with some of nature's most exciting animals.
You will have the chance to lead from the front and bring together a dedicated team who are passionate about what they do.
Our people are one of our most important assets and it's only through them that we achieve our goals. We provide a welcoming and collaborative environment where staff are supported to build on their existing abilities and make a real impact.
As the Wetland Centre Manager, you will effectively oversee resources and develop our centre, focusing on achieving financial, conservation and visitor engagement targets.
Leading a talented team of staff and volunteers, you will inspire them to attract a growing number of visitors and supporters to the site and provide an unforgettable experience each and every visit.
Additionally, you will:
- Implement policies and procedures to provide structure for your team
- Take responsibility for the safety, welfare and enjoyment of staff, volunteers and visitors
- Ensure that the Centre is managed in-line with WWT’s internal frameworks
- Make sure that the grounds, reserves and buildings are maintained to a high standard
To join us as our Wetland Centre Manager, you’ll need:
- Previous successful people management experience, including recruitment, training, motivation and performance management
- Operations experience, ideally gained within a visitor attraction
- Previous experience of managing trading operations, specifically catering and retail
- A track record of networking with the public and/or private sector at a high level
- Experience of developing and implementing financial management plans
- An understanding of planning work programmes and budget control methods
- A professional qualification in Marketing, Education, Business Management or another relevant discipline
- The demonstrable ability to work well with the public
Ideally, you will have a basic understanding of British and Irish wildlife, flora and fauna, but this is not essential. It would also be beneficial if you shared our passion and commitment to conservation.
First interviews will be held at WWT Castle Espie on 11th April, with 2nd interviews at WWT Slimbridge Wetland Centre, Gloucestershire on 17th April
- Job description
- Closing Date
Unless specifically stated, we do not accept CVs for job applications