- WWT Martin Mere
- Grounds / Reserve
- £16,300 per annum
- Position type
- Full Time
- Working pattern
- 37.5 hours per week to be worked on a rota basis to include weekends, bank holidays and occasional evening work.
- Job advert
WWT Martin Mere has a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to join our grounds team.
You will be involved in a variety of aviculture activities on site including:
- Maintenance and presentation of the grounds and exhibits
- Feeding and overall welfare of all captive birds and mammals
- Record keeping
- Assisting with incubation and hand rearing of our captive birds
- Engaging with our 200,000 visitors.
The post is interesting and calls for a can-do practical approach. The successful candidate will be educated to GCSE standard with some previous zoological or horticultural experience. You should also have a genuine enthusiasm for wetland conservation as you need to be able to engage with all of our visitors.
The post is full time and includes weekends on a rota basis.
The Wildfowl & Wetlands Trust (WWT) is a conservation charity that protects wetlands for wildlife and people. We conserve, restore and create wetlands. We are pioneers in saving wetland wildlife, both in the UK and around the world. At our 10 UK sites around a million visitors a year engage with wetland nature. We work internationally in key global wetland areas, balancing conservation with sustainable livelihoods and influencing national and international conservation policies.
In return for your hard work and dedication you’ll enjoy a wide range of benefits including:
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays increasing to 30 days after 5 years’ service
- Contributory pension scheme (conditions apply)
- Life assurance
- Free parking
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free entry to all our centres
Interview Date: Thursday 11th April
- Job description
- Closing Date
Unless specifically stated, we do not accept CVs for job applications