Major Donor Manager
- WWT Slimbridge and Headquarters
- Fundraising, Marketing, Marketing and Supporter Development
- £36,496 per annum FTE (£39,925 per annum FTE if based at London Wetland Centre)
- Position type
- Full/Part Time
- Working pattern
- This is a full time role, working 37.5 hours per week, Monday – Friday. For the right candidate, we’re able to offer this role on a part time basis, working a minimum of 21 hours per week. Home working options are also available.
- Job advert
Are you a passionate Major Donor Manager with experience of engaging with High Net Worth Individuals (HNWIs)?
Could you inspire people to support the national and international work of a successful conservation charity? If so, read on.
The Wildfowl & Wetlands Trust (WWT) is the nation’s leading wetland conservation charity. We are pioneers in protecting wetlands for wildlife and people, both in the UK and around the world.
Almost all life depends on wetlands for water, food, or habitat. Yet a third of all wetlands have been destroyed. We are pioneers in saving threatened wetland wildlife, a centre for excellence in conservation science and experts in wetland management and creation.
We’re now looking for a Major Donor Manager to join our dedicated team, working from our Slimbridge or London Wetland Centres.
- £35,780 per annum (£38,570 per annum if based at London Wetland Centre)
- Contributory pension
- Life assurance
- Home working options
- Free parking
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free entry to all of our centres
- 25 days’ holiday plus Bank Holidays (increasing to 30 with service)
This brand-new role offers the opportunity to make a positive, lasting impact with our charity and grow an income stream that will enable us to continue saving lives and protecting wildlife.
Joining a fresh-thinking, open and supportive culture, you will have the freedom to innovate and explore exciting, new ways to engage with potential donors and promote our amazing work.
So, if you have significant experience within gift fundraising, a track record of working with HNWIs and want to make a real difference with an established conservation charity, we’d love to hear from you.
As the Major Donor Manager, you will grow our HNWI income into a significant funding stream over the next five years.
In this highly-visible role, you will grow a major donor programme capable of delivering high six figure gifts on an annual basis.
Collaborating with senior staff and volunteers, you will:
- Manage and grow a high value supporter pipeline
- Identify and research prospective HNWIs
- Deliver the highest levels of stewardship, ensuring existing supporters feel valued and connected with the charity
- Make face-to-face financial asks as required
- Prepare high quality cases for support, including written proposals, presentations and reports
To join us as a Major Donor Manager, you’ll need:
- Significant experience of working within major gift fundraising and achieving high six figure annual income targets from High Net Worth Individuals (HNWIs)
- Extensive experience of managing relationships with major donors at the highest levels
- Significant experience of making asks, both face-to-face and in writing
- Knowledge of current regulations and compliance issues relating to major donor fundraising
- To be comfortable coaching and supporting others to make financial asks
- A full, valid driving licence and the willingness to travel throughout the UK
Ideally, you’ll have experience of using a fundraising database to manage relationships and pipelines, but this isn’t essential.
Other organisations may call this role: Fundraising Manager, HNW Fundraising Manager, Major Fundraising Manager, Charity Fundraising Manager, Fundraising Development Manager or Stewardship Manager.
First Interview Date: 3rd May 2019
Second Interview Date: To be confirmed (week commencing 6th May)
- Job description
- Closing Date
Unless specifically stated, we do not accept CVs for job applications