Head of Commercial Operations
- Based at any of our Wetland Centres
- £50,000 (London weighting available)
- Position type
- Full Time
- Working pattern
- 37.5 hours per week
- Job advert
Our visitor centres across the UK have a range of commercial initiatives, including cafés, shops, retail outlets, accommodation and experiences. We’re currently seeking a Head of Commercial Operations to take these commercial activities to the next level.
Operating at a strategic level, this is an amazing opportunity to steer the success of operations that generate a vital stream of income for the charity. These funds support our work around wetlands and enable us to deliver initiatives that change lives and protect our wildlife.
- Salary of £50,000 (London weighting available)
- Contributory pension
- Life assurance
- Free parking
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free entry to all of our centres
- 25 days’ holiday plus Bank Holidays (increasing to 30 with service)
Reporting to the Director of Operations, you’ll work on a national basis to support our sites to build on their existing commercial activities while identifying and developing new opportunities. Specifically, you will:
- Manage, inspire and guide our Head of Catering, Head of Retail and support staff
- Ensure that commercial development plays a significant role in each site’s five year business plan
- Provide advice on all commercial areas within the organisation
- Assess, monitor and report on organisational commercial performance
- Set-up and manage the operation and governance of national contracts and central purchasing activity
Working hours: 37.5 hours per week
To join us as the Head of Commercial Operations, you’ll need:
- Substantial experience of successfully managing trading activities
- Experience of managing a visitor attraction or similar operation and delivering exemplary customer service
- An entrepreneurial mindset
- Exceptional communication and relationship-building abilities
- A full, valid driving licence and the willingness to travel regularly throughout the UK
Ideally, you will have previous experience of developing new commercial opportunities and knowledge and/or experience of the charity sector would also be beneficial.
We’d love to hear from you if you’ve worked as a Commercial Manager, Commercial Operations Manager, Head of Commercial Development, Commercial Director, Attraction Manager or Operations Manager.
The Wildfowl & Wetlands Trust (WWT) is the nation’s leading wetland conservation charity. We are pioneers in protecting wetlands for wildlife and people, both in the UK and around the world.
WWT is an equal opportunities employer, we value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as our Head of Commercial Operations, please apply via the button shown.
First interviews will take place on Wednesday 8th May at our HQ Offices, Slimbridge Wetland Centre.
Second Interviews: Friday 17th May
- Job description
- Closing Date
Unless specifically stated, we do not accept CVs for job applications