- WWT Castle Espie (Northern Ireland)
- £26,669 per annum
- Position type
- Full Time
- Working pattern
- This role is full time (37.5 hours per week) and will involve working on weekends, bank holidays and occasionally during evenings.
- Job advert
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Catering Manager to deliver and strategically develop a high quality catering operation at WWT Castle Espie Wetland Centre.
By joining our team you will become part of something amazing and you will be a key contributor to providing our visitors with a warm and genuine welcome and an unforgettable experience. In this way you will make a difference by connecting people and wetlands.
Your responsibilities will include:
• The daily operation of a 110 seat cafe including 48 seat function space
• Providing excellent standards of customer service and product presentation
• Ensuring compliance to our food safety management system and other safety management systems throughout the catering operation and team
• Leading and inspiring your diverse team of people to perform at their best
• The creative and seasonal planning of daily menus
• Increasing spend per head so that profits can be invested into our conservation work
You will already be:
• An enthusiastic and highly motivated individual with a passion for good food and delivering an excellent customer experience
• Able to undertake full responsibility for all aspects of the catering business, including any redevelopment work (e.g. change of menus, changes to systems of work)
• A strong leader possessing communication, planning and organisational ability, able to foster a supportive working environment with clear expectations.
In return for your hard work and dedication you’ll enjoy a wide range of benefits including:
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays increasing to 30 days after 5 years’ service
- Contributory pension scheme (conditions apply)
- Life assurance
- Free car parking and secure bike storage areas
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free entry to all our centres
Closing date: 4th August 2019
Interview date: Monday 19th August
WWT is an equal opportunities employer and all applications will be considered solely on merit.
- Job description
- Closing Date
Unless specifically stated, we do not accept CVs for job applications