Retail, Admissions & Membership Manager
- WWT Washington
- Retail / Visitor Services, Visitor Engagement
- £22,306 - £23,480 per annum
- Position type
- Full Time
- Working pattern
- This role is full time (37.5 hours per week) and will involve working on weekends, bank holidays and occasionally during evenings.
- Job advert
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Retail, Admissions & Membership Manager to deliver and strategically develop a high quality retail and admissions operation at WWT Washington Wetland Centre.
By joining our team you will become part of something amazing and you will be a key contributor to providing our visitors with a warm and genuine welcome and an unforgettable experience. In this way you will make a difference by connecting people and wetlands.
Your responsibilities will include:
• The daily operation of our gift shop, admissions provision and visitor services offer
• The daily operation of our membership recruitment activities
• Providing excellent standards of customer service and product presentation
• Reviewing all aspects of each area to ensure best use of team resources and that every member of the team is delivering against agreed targets and adhering to agreed standards through leading and inspiring your diverse team of people to perform at their best
• The creative and seasonal planning of retail displays
• Increasing income and profits that we can invest into our conservation work
You will already be:
• An enthusiastic and highly motivated individual with a passion for driving retail sales and delivering an excellent customer experience
• Able to undertake full responsibility for all aspects of the retail, admissions and membership offers, including any redevelopment work of systems and infrastructure
• A strong leader possessing communication, planning and organisational ability, able to foster a supportive working environment with clear expectations and confident management of a diverse team.
In return for your hard work and dedication you’ll enjoy a wide range of benefits including:
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays (increasing to a maximum of 30 days)
- Free parking and secure bike storage
- Child care voucher scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Contributory company pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Free entry to all our centres plus many more
Interview date: 17th September 2019
WWT is an equal opportunities employer and all applications will be considered solely on merit.
- Job description
- Closing Date
Unless specifically stated, we do not accept CVs for job applications