Head of People
- WWT Slimbridge and Headquarters
- Circa £50,005 per annum
- Position type
- Full Time
- Working pattern
- 37.5 hours, 5 days per week Monday to Friday
- Job advert
This is a rare opportunity to work for a leading conservation charity based in the South West.
The Head of People in this growing organisation will lead on the development of a great place to work - an environment where everyone at WWT can perform at their best. Working with and supporting a forward thinking leadership team you will develop and deliver high quality frameworks, development tools and consultancy to enable change, growth and the fulfilment of ambitious conservation and commercial outcomes.
This role requires strategic vision, tactical decision making ability and the energy to drive operational activity. Your extensive experience of pragmatically establishing fair, engaging workplaces will enable you to identify the direction to further develop this high performing organisation.
Interested? To be considered as our Head of People, you will need to be:
- an inspiring leader with high integrity
- able to operate independently and to work collaboratively with people at all levels
- a confident communicator, results driven and resilient in your approach.
You will already have experience of leading a Human Resources/People team and have preferably worked with or as a volunteer at some point during your career. Ideally you will be a Chartered Member of the CiPD.
WWT (the Wildfowl & Wetlands Trust) is the nation’s leading wetland conservation charity. We are pioneers in protecting wetlands for wildlife and people, both in the UK and around the world.
Almost all life depends on wetlands for water, food, or habitat. Yet a third of all wetlands have been destroyed. We are leaders in saving threatened wetland wildlife, a centre for excellence in conservation science and experts in wetland management and creation.
- Salary of circa £50,005 per annum
- 25 days’ holiday plus Bank Holidays (increasing to 30 days after five years’ service)
- Contributory workplace pension
- Life assurance cover
- Free car parking and secure bike storage areas
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free entry to all our sites
- Based at a beautiful wetland site
WWT is an equal opportunities employer and all applications will be considered on merit. Flexible working arrangements can be considered.
First interviews: 9th December 2019 Second Interviews: 16th December 2019
- Job description
- Closing Date
Unless specifically stated, we do not accept CVs for job applications