- WWT Castle Espie (Northern Ireland)
- £26,669 per annum
- Position type
- Full Time
- Working pattern
- This role is full time (37.5 hours per week) and will involve working on weekends, bank holidays and occasionally during evenings.
- Job advert
Northern Ireland has been named global Food and Drink Destination of the year with Strangford Lough as the highest performing area within Northern Ireland. An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Catering Manager to deliver and strategically develop a high quality catering operation at WWT Castle Espie Wetland Centre. Situated on the internationally important nature reserve with stunning views of Strangford Lough you will cater for our supporters and deliver new initiatives that make our restaurant a standalone dining destination of choice.
By joining our team you will become part of something amazing and you will be a key contributor to providing our visitors with a warm and genuine welcome, an unforgettable experience and grow our business. In this way you will make a difference by connecting people and wetlands.
Your responsibilities will include:
• The daily operation of a 110 seat cafe including 48 seat function space
• Providing excellent standards of customer service and product presentation
• Ensuring compliance to our food safety management system and other safety management systems throughout the catering operation and team
• Leading and inspiring your diverse team of people to perform at their best
• The creative and seasonal planning of daily menus
• Increasing spend per head so that profits can be invested into our conservation work
You will already be:
• An enthusiastic and highly motivated individual with a passion for good food and delivering an excellent customer experience
• Able to undertake full responsibility for all aspects of the catering business, including any redevelopment work (e.g. change of menus, changes to systems of work)
• A strong leader possessing communication, planning and organisational ability, able to foster a supportive working environment with clear expectations.
• Well versed in sustainable and ecologically sound practices
In return for your hard work and dedication you’ll enjoy a wide range of benefits including:
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays increasing to 30 days after 5 years’ service
- Contributory pension scheme (conditions apply)
- Life assurance
- Free car parking and secure bike storage areas
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free entry to all our centres
The Wildfowl & Wetlands Trust (WWT) is a conservation charity that protects wetlands for wildlife and people. We conserve, restore and create wetlands. We are pioneers in saving wetland wildlife, both in the UK and around the world. At our 10 UK sites over a million visitors a year engage with wetland nature. We work internationally in key global wetland areas, balancing conservation with sustainable livelihoods and influencing national and international conservation policies.
Closing date: 3rd March 2020
Interview date: 12th March 2020
WWT is an equal opportunities employer and all applications will be considered solely on merit.
- Job description
- Closing Date
Unless specifically stated, we do not accept CVs for job applications