- WWT Castle Espie (Northern Ireland)
- £13,692 per annum (from age 18)
- Position type
- Part Time
- Working pattern
- 30 hours per week, working on a rota basis
- Job advert
If you are a catering professional seeking an exciting part-time role, this is a great opportunity to drive the success of the catering offering at a local conservation charity and popular visitor attraction.
WWT (the Wildfowl & Wetlands Trust) is the nation’s leading wetland conservation charity. We are pioneers in protecting wetlands for wildlife and people, both in the UK and around the world.
Almost all life depends on wetlands for water, food, or habitat. Yet a third of all wetlands have been destroyed. We are leaders in saving threatened wetland wildlife, a centre for excellence in conservation science and experts in wetland management and creation.
We’re currently looking for a Catering Supervisor to join our busy Catering Department at Castle Espie Wetland Centre, working on a part-time basis. Castle Espie is just a short drive from Comber and easily commutable from Newtownards, Belfast and Bangor.
- Salary of £13,692 per annum
- 25 days’ holiday, rising to 30 after five years’ service (pro rata)
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Free parking and secure bike storage areas
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free entry to all of our centres
In this varied role, you will play a key part in the day-to-day running of our picturesque restaurant, the Kingfisher Kitchen.
Nestled in a quiet corner on the North West shore of Strangford Lough, the Kingfisher Kitchen offers unrivalled views of wonderful wildlife, as well as home-cooked hearty breakfasts, seasonal specials and a range of quality Fairtrade teas and coffees.
As a senior member of our Catering Team, you’ll not only have the chance to make an impact on our visitor experience, you’ll also support our wildlife conservation efforts, as the profits we generate are reinvested back into our charity.
As the Catering Supervisor, you will support the smooth running of the Catering Department at Castle Espie Wetland Centre.
Working closely with the Catering Manager, you will:
- Lead a team of Catering Assistants, ensuring high standards of customer service are delivered at all times
- Maintain excellent food hygiene and safety standards
- Handle cash and take payments from customers
- Place orders and carry out stock takes
- Ensure that functions and special events are delivered to a high standard
To join us as a Catering Supervisor, you’ll need:
- Previous experience in a catering environment
- A Basic Food Hygiene Certificate
- GCSEs (or equivalent)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- A commitment to great customer service
- A can-do attitude
Experience of team management, training and development would be beneficial, as would experience of working in a visitor attraction.
This is a part-time role, working 30 hours per week (daytime shifts) on a rota basis. You will not be required to work any split shifts or night shifts.
The closing date for applications is the 26th February 2020, with interviews scheduled to be held on the 6th March 2020.
WWT is an equal opportunities employer and all applications will be considered solely on merit.
- Job description
- Closing Date
Unless specifically stated, we do not accept CVs for job applications