Head of Engagement Planning
- WWT London Wetland Centre (Barnes), WWT Martin Mere, WWT Slimbridge and Headquarters, Flexible
- Operations, Visitor Engagement
- £36,496 per annum
- Position type
- Full Time
- Working pattern
- 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday
- Job advert
Do you have a track record of designing experiences for visitors to an attraction, museum or similar? Want to help an established charity captivate their audiences as a Head of Engagement Planning? If so, read on.
This is a brilliant opportunity to use your creativity, act as a voice for audiences, support and evolve the success of a charity that is passionate about protecting wildlife and people.
You will have the chance to make a difference to all of our wetland sites and create innovative ways to inspire, people across the UK whilst creating some of the best visitor experiences available in the country.
As the Head of Engagement Planning, you will work to ensure a consistently excellent visitor experience is delivered across our ten wetland sites in the UK.
In this exciting role, you’ll provide strategic direction and oversee the delivery of engaging, on-brand experiences that make people love and care about the natural world and wetlands in particular.
Your duties will involve:
- Line managing and supporting two experienced designers to help create beautiful and engaging events, activities and displays
- Identifying how we can build experiences that create deep emotional connections with our audiences and communicate our conservation message through our people, fixed exhibits, events and digital channels
- Helping to shape and deliver a national programme of commercially successful and authentic events
- Ensuring the organisation focuses on understanding what our visitors want and need from their experiences
- Helping to maintain and raise excellent standards of presentation and customer care across our portfolio
- Working with, building relationships and influencing experienced colleagues spread across the UK, at all levels of the business and in a range of different roles to achieve your aims
To join us as the Head of Engagement Planning, you’ll need:
- Extensive experience gained in an organisation where visitors come to enjoy a day out as well as engaging with informative, emotive and cause related messaging, such as a Zoo, heritage site or museum.
- A track record of designing and delivering experiences that inspire visitors to engage with your organisation and cause with demonstrable ability in excellent project management as well as achieving amazing emotive outcomes for visitors
- Very strong commercial understanding and experience
- Previous experience of promoting a culture of viewing things from a visitor’s perspective
- Brilliant influencing and communication skills
The Wildfowl & Wetlands Trust (WWT) is the UK’s leading wetland conservation charity. We are pioneers in saving threatened wetland wildlife, a centre for excellence in conservation science and experts in wetland management and creation. Around a million visitors a year engage with wetland nature at our ten sites around the UK, and we work nationally and internationally in key locations to balance conservation with sustainable livelihoods.
We have recently completed a review of our strategic priorities which includes ambitious targets for developing bigger and better wetlands, encouraging more people to take direct action for these unique places, and ensuring key decision makers around the world realise the essential role wetlands play in restoring nature, combating climate change and enhancing health and wellbeing.
In return for your hard work and dedication you’ll enjoy a wide range of benefits including:
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays increasing to 30 days after 5 years’ service
- Contributory pension scheme (conditions apply)
- Life assurance
- Free car parking and secure bike storage areas
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free entry to all our centres
If you choose to submit an application please ensure that you have explained how you meet each of the essential criteria contained within the job description
The location of this role is flexible (regular attendance required at WWT sites and post will need to be based at either Slimbridge, London or Martin Mere)
Closing date: 25th January 2021
Interview date: 3rd February 2021
WWT is an equal opportunities employer and all applications will be considered solely on merit.
- Job description
- Closing Date
Unless specifically stated, we do not accept CVs for job applications