- WWT Slimbridge and Headquarters
- £18,245 per annum
- Position type
- Full Time
- Working pattern
- 37.5 hours per week, 5 days from 7 to include weekends and bank holidays.
- Job advert
Slimbridge Wetland Centre is seeking enthusiastic and motivated supervisors to join its busy catering department. This is a unique opportunity to work for a local conservation charity and popular visitor attraction. You will be required to work daytime shifts (no split shifts or night shifts) with a friendly and welcoming team in picturesque surroundings.
- Assisting the Catering Manager in delivering the smooth and efficient running of the catering department across the site; including overseeing the running of the restaurant, café, kiosks and maintaining vending on site
- Supervising our team during service, ensuring high standards of customer service are delivered at all times
- Placing orders, stock taking, cash handling, maintaining high standards of food hygiene and safety, and occasionally assisting with food preparation
- Ensuring functions and special events are delivered to our high standards
- Motivating and leading our front of house team, whilst assisting management in the successful running of the business
Who we are looking for:
- Previous catering supervisor or team leader experience is essential
- Experience of working in a visitor attraction would be desirable but not essential as a can do attitude and enthusiasm is most important
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel & Outlook is required
- The successful candidate will be educated to GCSE standard or equivalent
What we can offer you:
- Daytime hours (we open 9:30-5pm, 7 days a week)
- You will be working 5 days from 7 on a rota basis. Weekend work is essential but is worked on a fair rota basis (no split shifts or night shifts)
- Beautiful surroundings – you’ll be based in the heart of the Wetland Centre (you get a great view of the flamingos from the restaurant!)
- On-the-job training is given, with opportunities to take part in food hygiene, customer service training and barista training
- A great opportunity to really make a difference. You’ll be working for an organisation that is dedicated to protecting wetland habitats and saving species around the world from extinction, whilst inspiring visitors and encouraging them to get closer to nature.
The Wildfowl & Wetlands Trust (WWT) is a conservation charity that protects wetlands for wildlife and people. We conserve, restore and create wetlands. We are pioneers in saving wetland wildlife, both in the UK and around the world. At our 10 UK sites around a million visitors a year engage with wetland nature. We work internationally in key global wetland areas, balancing conservation with sustainable livelihoods and influencing national and international conservation policies.
In return for your hard work and dedication you’ll enjoy a wide range of benefits including:
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays increasing to 30 days after 5 years’ service
- Contributory pension scheme (conditions apply)
- Life assurance
- Free car parking and secure bike storage areas
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free entry to all our centres
Closing date: Sunday 23rd May
Interview date: To be confirmed
WWT is an equal opportunities employer and all applications will be considered solely on merit.
Registered Charity Number England & Wales, no 1030884 and Scotland, no SC039410
- Job description
- Closing Date
Unless specifically stated, we do not accept CVs for job applications