- WWT Slimbridge and Headquarters
- £10.00 per hour
- Position type
- Full/Part Time
- Working pattern
- Contracts available for: 37.5, 25 and 10 hours per week.
- Job advert
Fed up of working unsociable hours and split shifts in catering?
We have exciting opportunities for you to join our busy catering team at WWT Slimbridge Wetland Centre. With great rates of pay, no split shifts, or evening working, our team are ready to welcome you to the pond. Working at Slimbridge you can really make a difference to conserving our planet. You’ll be working for an organisation that is dedicated to protecting wetland habitats and saving species around the world from extinction. You will also be helping to reduce the world’s impact on climate change, whilst inspiring visitors and encouraging them to get closer to nature by providing outstanding hospitality.
Catering Assistants (Restaurant) – you will give a warm welcome to every visitor in our restaurant and kiosks. You will be taking orders and payments, making lots of coffee, serving ice cream and our seasonal menu, and clearing tables all with a confident and engaging smile. For this role we have 25 hour a week post and a 10 hour a week post (mainly weekends).
Catering Assistants (Kitchen) - working in the Kitchen area you will help set up the kitchen at the beginning of the day, aid the chef / cooks during food service, stock the fridges in the restaurant and kiosks when running low and oversee the pot wash area. For this role we have 37.5 hour a week post and a 10 hour a week post (mainly weekends).
No previous experience is necessary for the right candidate as full training will be provided.
- £10.00 per hour
- Contracts available for: 37.5, 25 and 10 hours per week – please detail in your application how many contracted hours you are interested in.
- The catering team work on a rota basis which includes weekends and bank holidays (we open 9.30 – 5pm). Weekend working is essential for all contracts but is worked on fair rota basis with no split shifts or evening shifts.
When visiting our website you will notice that this positon is referred to as Trading Assistant. This is how the role is known internally within WWT.
In return for your hard work and dedication you’ll enjoy a wide range of benefits including:
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays increasing to 30 days after 5 years’ service, (pro-rata)
- Contributory pension scheme (conditions apply)
- Life assurance
- Free car parking and secure bike storage areas
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free entry to all our centres
WWT is an equal opportunities employer and all applications will be considered solely on merit.
Registered Charity Number England & Wales, no 1030884 and Scotland, no SC039410
- Job description
Unless specifically stated, we do not accept CVs for job applications