Living Collections Supervisor – Bird Demonstrations & Mammals
Ref: LCS-BDM(2022)SL - R2
- WWT Slimbridge and Headquarters
- Living Collections
- £25,506.00 per annum
- Position type
- Full Time
- Working pattern
- 37.5 hours per week working 5 days from 7 to include weekends and bank holidays
- Job advert
With recent internal promotions an exciting opportunity has arisen at WWT Slimbridge Wetland Centre to oversee the demonstration birds and mammal section where we have a unique collection with vast potential and an exciting bird demonstrations.
You will work with the Living Collections Managers to develop and supervise our new Living Wetland Theatre and its bird demonstration that features pelicans, crowned crane and other water birds. This role will also maintain and develop an interactive wetland mammal visitor experience, through the management of existing species within the section which include North American river otter, water vole and harvest mice.
The successful candidate will join an enthusiastic team of presenters and keepers delivering daily talks and demonstrations on birds and mammals.
To join us as our Living Collections Supervisor you’ll need:
- Relevant experience in the care, husbandry and breeding of mammals and birds.
- Substantial knowledge and experience of animal training and behaviour management including animal presentations
- Proven experience of motivating and coaching team members in delivering their goals
- Brilliant communication and problem solving skills
We are looking for a passionate and driven individual to supervise our brilliant and creative team in delivering our goals. If you enjoy engaging with visitors and supporting a hardworking team to maintain a gold standard of animal care and husbandry then we would love to hear from you.
In return for your hard work and dedication you’ll enjoy a wide range of benefits including:
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays increasing to 30 days after 5 years’ service
- Contributory pension scheme (conditions apply)
- Life assurance
- Free car parking and secure bike storage areas
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free entry to all our centres
Closing date: 7th July 2022
Interview date: 12th July 2022
WWT is an equal opportunities employer and all applications will be considered solely on merit.
- Job description
- Closing Date
Unless specifically stated, we do not accept CVs for job applications