Lead Content Creator
- WWT Slimbridge and Headquarters
- Fundraising, Marketing and Communications
- £25,506 per annum
- Position type
- Full Time
- Working pattern
- 37.5 Hours per week – Monday to Friday
- Job advert
About the role
We have a wealth of stories to tell and stunning imagery to bring them to life. We’re looking for a skilled and motivated content creator to capture that potential and deliver engaging content across our channels that both speaks to our audiences and furthers our objectives.
A primary focus will be on content for social media, so we’re looking for someone with a passion for the platforms and an understanding of what content grabs attention. But the role is wide-ranging and you’ll contribute to much of our visual marketing output.
Day-to-day you can expect a mix of shooting out in the field and editing back in the office. You’ll enjoy building relationships with colleagues, volunteers and project partners in order to set up photoshoots and produce successful interviews.
You’ll be based at our headquarters, Slimbridge, one of the most famous nature reserves in the UK. But you’ll also get out to our sites and projects all around the UK and further afield. Your work will help build emotional connection with wetlands, some of the most diverse and beautiful habitats in the world, and tell the stories of how they’re intrinsically linked with people and are a key part of our natural support system.
To join us as our Lead Content Creator you’ll need:
- demonstrable experience of shooting and editing visual content for digital channels with an emphasis on social media
- experience of using Final Cut Pro X or Adobe Premiere Pro and all the suite of Mac Software
- to be creative, with the ability to develop interesting ideas for new, impactful content which tells our story
- the ability to mentor and provide professional support and work collaboratively with others
The Wildfowl & Wetlands Trust (WWT) is a wetland conservation charity that works in the UK and around the world. We’re driven by a love of nature. These amazing habitats are essential to all life, including our own. But across the world their health is under threat, and that’s damaging for wildlife, the planet, and for us.
Healthy wetlands are one of the most nature-rich habitats on earth and they help control our climate. They store carbon, prevent flooding, reduce pollution, and the livelihoods of many communities entirely depend on them.
That’s why we work directly to protect, restore and create healthy wetlands, and why we inspire and help others to do the same. We make change happen, through our conservation projects around the world and our pioneering wetland centres across the UK, where each year a million people come to engage with nature.
In return for your hard work and dedication, you will enjoy a wide range of benefits including:
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays increasing to 30 days after 5 years’ service
- Contributory pension scheme (conditions apply)
- Life assurance
- Free car parking and secure bike storage areas
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free entry to all our centres
Closing date: 18th July 2022
Interview date: 26th July 2022
WWT is an equal opportunities employer and all applications will be considered solely on merit.
- Job description
- Closing Date
Unless specifically stated, we do not accept CVs for job applications