Ref: C(2023)CE - R2
- WWT Castle Espie (Northern Ireland)
- £22,020 per annum
- Position type
- Full Time
- Working pattern
- 37.5 hours per week 5 days from 7 working day time hours (we open 9am – 5pm), weekend working is essential but is worked on a rota basis with no split shifts or evening shifts.
- Job advert
We have an exciting opportunity for a Cook to join our busy catering team at WWT Castle Espie Wetland Centre. With no split shifts or evening working, our team are ready to welcome you.
Working at Castle Espie you can really make a difference to conserving our planet. You’ll be working for an organisation that is dedicated to protecting wetland habitats and saving species around the world from extinction and reducing the world’s impact on climate change, whilst inspiring visitors and encouraging them to get closer to nature by providing outstanding hospitality.
You will be working as part of our kitchen team preparing and presenting food to order in a fast paced environment. Cooking seasonal menus for our visitors to enjoy and ensuring everyone in the team follows our food safety management system. You will also manage waste and stock levels helping the catering team hit their targets and reduce waste.
To join as our Cook you’ll need:
- A passion for food and pride in presentation accompanied by good cooking/baking skills
- Good working knowledge of food safety management systems and standards (although full training can be given, the role requires Level 3 Food Hygiene Certificate)
- To enjoy being part of a friendly and motivated team, providing amazing customer service to our visitors
- Comfortable to supervise and appropriately delegate to team members when stepping up to cover Supervisor duties (i.e holiday cover)
In return for your hard work and dedication you’ll enjoy a wide range of benefits including:
- 33 days annual leave, inclusive of bank holidays, increasing to 38 days after 5 years’ service
- Contributory pension scheme matching up to 7%
- Life assurance providing 3 times annual salary
- Access to a wide range of resources to support your health and wellbeing including our 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme
- Enhanced family friendly policies
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free entry to all our centres
- Working in a stunning location overlooking Strangford Lough
How to apply
To apply, please complete the brief application form on our website and submit a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org stating your name and the job role you have applied for within your email.
Closing Date: 3rd December 2023
Interview date: TBC
WWT is an equal opportunities employer and all applications will be considered solely on merit.
- Job description
- Closing Date
Unless specifically stated, we do not accept CVs for job applications