- WWT Caerlaverock
- Grounds / Reserve
- £22,020 per annum with free shared accommodation provided
- Position type
- Full Time
- Working pattern
- 37.5 hours per week, working 5 days out of 7 including some weekends and bank holidays
- Job advert
Caerlaverock is a stunning nature reserve situated on the north Solway coast. We are looking to recruit a motivated Reserve Warden to join our team.
The main duties of the post are to assist in the management of the nature reserve at WWT Caerlaverock including the development and management of habitats, reserve infrastructure, and species monitoring in accordance with the approved management plan. In addition, the post holder will play an active role in both onsite and online engagement with our site and core conservation messaging.
This post will suit someone with reserve management experience, a good knowledge of surveying wetland species and great public engagement skills.
With this role there is an opportunity for rent-free shared accommodation to enable better performance of duties (including providing occasional out of hours cover). This role also involves some duty management responsibilities.
We are looking for 2 Reserve Wardens. The positions are:
- 1 x permanent, full-time
- 1 x fixed-term contract until 31 March 2026, full-time
We are WWT, the charity for wetlands and wildlife.
We conserve, restore and create wetlands. We are pioneers in saving wetland wildlife, both in the UK and around the world. At our 10 UK sites around a million visitors a year engage with wetland nature. We work internationally in key global wetland areas, balancing conservation with sustainable livelihoods and influencing national and international conservation policies.
In return for your hard work and dedication you’ll enjoy a wide range of benefits including:
- 33 days annual leave, inclusive of bank holidays, increasing to 38 days after 5 years’ service (pro rata)
- Contributory pension scheme matching up to 7%
- Life assurance providing 3 times annual salary
- Access to a wide range of resources to support your health and wellbeing including our 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme
- Enhanced family friendly policies
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free entry to all our centres
Closing date: 7th March 2024
Interview date: 20th March 2024
WWT is an equal opportunities employer and all applications will be considered solely on merit.
Registered Charity Number England & Wales, no 1030884 and Scotland, no SC039410
- Job description
- Closing Date
Unless specifically stated, we do not accept CVs for job applications