- WWT Arundel
- Retail / Visitor Services, Catering
- £6,801 per annum (£10.90 per hour)
- Position type
- Part Time
- Working pattern
- 12 hours a week including weekends and bank holidays
- Job advert
We are looking to recruit an engaging and motivated individual, who shares our passion for incredible customer service, to join the Trading team at Arundel. This is a unique opportunity to work for a local conservation charity and popular visitor attraction.
As our Trading Assistant, you will be working across our visitor services, retail and catering departments. The role will include:
- Giving a warm welcome to every visitor to the trading environment, demonstrating exceptional standards of customer service
- Talking to our visitors and sharing the key centre highlights and experiences on offer to enhance their experience
- Taking orders and payments in our cafe, making lots of coffee as well as serving our seasonal menu and clearing tables
- Sharing your passion and knowledge about our amazing products to maximise sales
- Keeping our retail space fully stocked, helping with deliveries and assisting with stock takes.
- Promote WWT where ever possible in order to maximise membership sales
A flexible working pattern is required including bank holidays and weekends.
What you can bring to our team:
- A provable passion for great customer service
- Someone able to adapt quickly to different roles
- The successful candidate will be educated to GCSE or equivalent
What we can offer you:
- Beautiful surroundings – you’ll be based in the heart of the Wetland Centre
- On-the-job training is given, with opportunities to take part in food hygiene, customer service training and barista training
- A great opportunity to really make a difference. You’ll be working for an organisation that is dedicated to protecting wetland habitats and saving species around the world from extinction, whilst inspiring visitors and encouraging them to get closer to nature.
When visiting our website, you will notice that the position is referred to as Trading Assistant. This is how the role is known internally within WWT.
The Wildfowl & Wetlands Trust (WWT) is a conservation charity that protects wetlands for wildlife and people. We conserve, restore and create wetlands. We are pioneers in saving wetland wildlife, both in the UK and around the world. At our 10 UK sites around a million visitors a year engage with wetland nature. We work internationally in key global wetland areas, balancing conservation with sustainable livelihoods and influencing national and international conservation policies.
In return for your hard work and dedication you’ll enjoy a wide range of benefits including:
- 33 days annual leave, inclusive of bank holidays, increasing to 38 days after 5 years’ service (pro rata)
- Contributory pension scheme matching up to 7%
- Life assurance providing 3 times annual salary
- Access to a wide range of resources to support your health and wellbeing including our 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme
- Enhanced family friendly policies
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free entry to all our centres
Closing date: 3rd March 2024
Interview date: 13th March 2024
WWT is an equal opportunities employer and all applications will be considered solely on merit.
- Job description
- Closing Date
Unless specifically stated, we do not accept CVs for job applications